SHILLONG, Dec 06: Meghalaya government on Thursday maintained that an independent judicial probe into the murderous attack of CSWO President Agnes Kharshiing and her colleague Amita Sangma is what the government intends to initiate till date but however maintained that if there is a change in the decision of the Government as far as asking Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate into the matter, the matter has to be discussed and decided in the state Cabinet.
Earlier this week the immediate family members of the victims has submitted a memorandum to Chief Minister Conrad Sangma demanding a CBI probe and the Chief Minister had said that they will discuss it.
In this regard Deputy Chief Minister, Prestone Tynsong said that the Government will soon write to the Chief Justice of the High Court of Meghalaya to appoint a retired judge to carryout out the judicial probe.
On the alleged involvement of NPP West and East Jaintia Hills working president Nidamon Chullet in the attack on the social activists, Tynsong said that anybody who is found to be involved in the incident will be terminated from the party.
It may be mentioned that Chullet and few others who are accused of assaulting the social activists are still at large.