SHILLONG, May 08: A fire incident occurred at Shillong’s popular food joint in Khyndailad - Delhi Mistan Bhandar, on Tuesday. The incident occurred at about 4 – 4:30 pm, with grease from the chimney being cited as the trigger point.
There was no casualty reported.
Speaking to reporters after the incident, SP (City), S.A. Rynjah said the grease resulting from cooking accumulated at the kitchen chimney led to the fire.
In this connection, he observed that concern department should conduct inspections on restaurants etc to check on the hygienic conditions.
“It is important to check the expiry period of the fire extinguisher. The kitchen area should also be clean by preventing accumulation of grease from cooking oil and soot,” Rynjah said.