Print

Former MLA’s house gutted in fire

Written by Meghalaya Times. Posted in Front Page

Staff Reporter
TURA, Feb 10: The house of the former MLA of Rongjeng, Desang Sangma, was completely gutted in a fire allegedly caused by an electrical short circuit on Saturday morning.
The incident took place at about 6:15 pm. The fire continued for some time as the Fire and Emergency Services (F&ES) were unable to get there from Rongjeng and had to wait for the vehicle to come from Williamnagar, about 50 kms away by which time the entire building had been gutted.


“We received information of the fire nearly as soon as it occurred. F&ES personnel immediately tried to reach the spot but in their eagerness, the vehicle fell into a ditch. The bigger machine had gone for repairs for the past few days leading to a fire engine being sought from the town of Williamnagar,” said superintendent of police, East Garo Hills (EGH), Ringrang TG Momin.
By the time the F&ES got to the place, most of the damage had already been done and the fire had burnt out its normal course. No other structures were however damaged in the fire.


 

FaceBook  Twitter